Thursday 1 September 2011

An inquisitive Stoat

This was the best view of a Stoat ( or is it a Weasel ,never did see its tail, and i'm not going anywhere near that terrible old joke ) I've had,shame it did'nt last a bit longer though. I noticed it in a roadside ditch at Davidstow and managed to pull up in front of it , getting the camera ready,I opened the window and used a beanbag to rest the lens on,and put on my trusty hat to break up my outline.The vegitation was moving right beside me so I made a few squeaking sounds too see if I could get its attention,and this chap looked out at me, my squeaks got louder & as high pitched as I could manage and the Stoat got bolder,I managed a few shots but just as it got up onto its back legs to get a better look to see where the noise was coming from a bloody great lorry & horsebox went past and scared it away, that would have been the compitition winning shot. But at the end of the day lovely to see and happy with the few photos I've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment