Tuesday 17 April 2012

Lower Tamar Lake

Marsh Tit

Willow Tit ?

Reed Bunting

Treecreeper
A couple of weeks ago I spent a good part of a day at Lower Tamar Lake on the Cornwall / Devon border, not a lot on the lake itself but I stocked up the feeding station and had a few nice birds coming and going. I still had my same old problem of trying to seperate Marsh & Willow Tit, I know Willow Tits were present ,hearing them calling but unfortunatly not calling & showing at the same time, so if what I think is a Willow Tit is in fact a Marsh Tit,maybe someone will let me know. Reed Buntings were always around and a nice Treecreeper also put in a appearance.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adrian, your second bird is definitely a Marsh Tit. You can tell by the small white mark near the base of the upper bill and the contrast between the white cheek and the more off-white neck area.

    ReplyDelete