Monday 18 November 2019

Pallas's Warbler

16th November 2019.

I drove down to West Cornwall ,firstly to try and see if the Paddyfield Pipit was still around ( although I didn't hold to much hope as it hadn't been seen the previous day) and hopefully see the Pallas's Warbler which has been around gardens at the top of Cot Valley. I called time on the Pipit after about an hour and a half of walking around the edge of a muddy field and getting cold and wet, this is where I tell myself  that  even if it does prove to be one of the rarest birds in the u.k for about a decade it was still a very drab little bird and would have been an anti - climax anyway- sadly it had probably succumbed to the cold or to one of the local cats. However that little jewel of a bird the Pallas's Warbler did show well, and though the light was awful I still  managed a few photos, made all the more difficult because it was constantly on the move ,buzzing and hovering as it chased after small insects, but a delightful bird, and  only the second I've seen ( the first just up the road in Sennen a few years ago).
Pallas's Warbler

Pallas's Warbler

Pallas's Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment