Monday 9 January 2023

Two new birds ( possibly)

I had to drop my grandson off at Exeter Bus station so thought I may as well go the few extra miles and head up to Colyford to try and see the Isabelline Wheatear which has been around for a while. Also reported yesterday was a possible Eastern Yellow Wagtail, these would both be lifers for me . When I arrived ,after asking others for directions, a short walk and there was the Wheatear feeding on the ground near the boardwalk, and spending a lot of its time sitting on a post and preening. This was the classic situation of a bird showing well for birders, but always just that little bit too far away for really good photos, that and an overcast dull day meant just record shots, but still really pleased to see it so well. The Wagtail showed for about a minute before flying off, apperantly someone had collected a sample of its poo the day before to send for analysis so it can be properly identified.

No comments:

Post a Comment