Wednesday 27 January 2016

Penzance & Marazion

13th January
Arrived in Marazion early morning in the hope of finding the Hudsonian Whimbrel which has been around the local area in recent weeks and then to look for the returning Pacific Diver, both these birds would be lifers for me although I did think I found a possible Hudsonian Whimbrel a few years ago down near Treen, and I try to locate the Diver every winter but with no luck as yet ,and no different this year no sign of either bird, just got soaked through when caught in a very heavy rain/hail downpour with only a rock to shelter behind and more concerned about keeping my camera and lens dry than myself. However I did have a good day out and got a few photos as well.
Oystercatcher at Marazion

Ringed Plover and Purple Sandpiper at Penzance

Purple Sandpiper-Penzance

Purple Sandpiper bathing at Penzance

Great Northern Diver in Newlyn Harbour

St Michaels Mount from Sandy Cove

No comments:

Post a Comment