Saturday 4 June 2011

Somerset Levels

A day out with Rat & Carol to Somerset. Shapwich Heath and Ham Walls seem to be the places to visit to look for Hobbies,Bitterns ,Egrets (including Great White) and lots of other goodies.No wonder Hobbies like this site so much ,I have never seen so many Dragonflys,mostly Four Spotted Chasers. Our visit coincided with a visit of a female Red Footed Falcon,and although I met Derek and Colin from Wadebridge who had seen and managed a few photos, we only got a possible fleeting glimpse,so it still remains my bogie bird. But good views of Bitterns and more trips planned for the future.
Did'nt manage many decent photos,my attempts at Hobbies in flight are pretty poor,but an o.k photo of a Four Spotted Chaser.

2 comments:

  1. A little better than "an OK photo" I reckon. Shame about the RFF. I've never seen one yet!
    Where are the bittern pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top notch,superb image.
    John.

    ReplyDelete