Saturday 20 November 2021

Surprise Ring Ouzels.

Ring Ouzel has been a species that I've seen every now and again in the U. K. but never managed to get a decent photo. Untill this autumn when I had a week of seeing them when I wasn't really expecting to. On a visit to Tavistock with the good lady wife for a bit of birthday shopping ( hers not mine) we decided on the way home to have a walk up to Brent tor. I spotted what I first thougt to be a couple of Blackbirds when I thought I'd better check them out just in case they were Ouzels, and they were! yippee. Of course I had my camera and lens with me so I crept closer to one bird feeding on the ground, it was'nt to bothered before flying into a nearby lichen covered Hawthorn to feed on berries. I crept close and again it just carried on feeding unconcerned by my presence. I was even more surprised the next day when looking out of the bedroom window a saw a female Ring Ouzel feeding on the neighbours lawn untill it flew up into the Hawthorn trees and again started to eat the berries. It stayed for five days before moving on. These sort of things dont happen to often so pleased to get those shots at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment