Wednesday 19 December 2018

Stover lake waiting for a bite.

December 2018.

Spent much of the day at Stover lake near Bovey Tracey in Devon, in a day of sunshine and showers, nothing unusual here, the ever present Coot , Tufted Ducks, Cormorants and Gulls etc and always nice to see Goosanders which have started to take up their winter residency. I got some o.k photos of these species, but am always on the lookout for something a bit different than a record shot, so near the end of the day one small corner of the lake was beautifully lit by the late sun , so I just sat and waited to see if any birds would swim into the golden reflections, I likened this to fishing ( though I don't actually go fishing), waiting for a bite, and sure enough my patience was rewarded with female Tufted Duck and a Coot swimming into the right spot.
Female Tufted Duck

Female Tufted Duck

Coot

Coot

No comments:

Post a Comment