Saturday 26 November 2022

Waders on the Hayle Estuary

Last month I visited the Hayle estuary( Cornwall) on a lovely sunny day to try to see the two Lesser Yellowlegs that had taken up residence here for a few days. They were pretty easy to find as I met one or two other birder/photographers that I knew and was pointed in the right direction. One was feeding in the mud close to the main road accompanied by a Greenshank and photographing them was relativly straightforward. This was the second time I'd seen Lesser Yellowlegs at this site. Later in the afternoon Bar Tailed Godwits and a Curlew were feeding very close to the road and I spent an hour in the wonderfull light watching and photographing these super birds which were unconcerned by me sitting quietly on the grass just a few feet away.I think they are quite used to people walking past. I do like waders.

No comments:

Post a Comment